Call for Papers
The IADIS Telecommunications, Networks
and Systems 2010 conference covers theory, design and
computer and telecommunication networks and systems. During
recent years there has been an impressive increase in
the use of networked applications and networks are now key
resources in any information system configuration. Wireless
and fixed-line networks complemented by a growing range of
mobile devices are having a significant impact on the way
we run our lives and our businesses.
This conference provides an
international forum for academic researchers and industry
practitioners to share and
exchange their experiences, discuss challenges and present
original ideas in all aspects of networks, telecommunications
and systems. We welcome research papers which deal with
specific networked application issues, telecommunications
and networking research problems and implementation or case
The conference offers an opportunity to
discuss ideas about newly emerging systems, protocols,
and applications in the area of telecommunications and
Acceptance will be based primarily on
originality, significance and quality of contribution.
Topics for this conference include, but
are not limited to:
- Adoption and diffusion of
- Business applications of telecommunications
- Cross-border network-based information systems
- Design and performance evaluation of new network
application and systems
- Designing, deploying and using networked systems in
specialized sectors (i.e. Health, Education,
- Effects of legislation and regulation on
- Emerging networking trends
- Frameworks for wireless security
- Grid, Cluster and Internet
- Internetworking Protocols
- Location- and context-aware distributed systems
- Management of telecommunications
- Mobile computing, mobile networks, and mobile agents
- Mobility and m-commerce issues
- Network management contingency issues
- Network Performance Analysis and
- Network pricing issues and
- Networking: architectures,
services, routing, and applications
- Outsourcing of networking and data communication
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Systems
- Policy-based network management
- Policy-based security systems
- Quality of Service issues associated with networked
- Security of interconnected systems
- Sensor, mesh, and ad hoc networks
- Standards and network
- Strategic use of networking technologies
- Success factors of networked systems
- Pervasive Computing Environments
- Telecommuting, remote access and
Virtual Private Networks
- Use of distributed services over wireless networks
- Wireless and Mobile Networking and
The Conference will be composed of several types of
Full Papers These include mainly accomplished
research results and have 8 pages at the maximum (5,000
Short Papers These are mostly composed of work in
progress reports or fresh developments and have 4 pages
at maximum (2,500 words).
Reflection Papers These might review recent
research literature pertaining to a particular problem or
approach, indicate what the findings suggest, and/or provide
a suggestion - with rationale and justification -
for a different approach or perspective on that problem.
Reflection papers might also analyze general trends or
discuss important issues in topics related to the
conference. These have 4 pages at maximum (2,500 words).
Posters / Demonstrations These contain
implementation information or work-in-progress and have two
at maximum (1,250 words) besides the poster itself (or
demonstration) that will be exposed at the conference.
Tutorials Tutorials can be proposed by scholars or
company representatives. A proposal of maximum 250
words is expected.
Invited Talks These will be made of contributions
from well-known scholars and company representatives.
An abstract will be included in the conference proceedings.
Panels Discussions on selected topics will be held.
A proposal of maximum 250 words is expected.
Doctoral Consortium - A Doctoral Consortium will
discuss in group, individual projects and on going work of
PhD students. Prospective students should send a report of
their PhD projects and work so far with a maximum
of 4 pages (2,500 words).
Corporate Showcases & Exhibitions The former
enables companies to present recent developments and
applications, inform a large and qualified audience of your
future directions and showcase companys
noteworthy products and services. There will be a time slot
for companies to make their presentation in a room.
The latter enables companies the opportunity to display its
latest offerings of hardware, software, tools, services
and books, through an exhibit booth. For further details
please contact the publicity chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a blind peer-reviewed conference.
- Submission Deadline (2nd call): 31 May 2010
- Notification to Authors (2nd call): 21 June 2010
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (1st
Until 26 March 2010
- Late Registration (1st call): After 26 March 2010
- Conference: Freiburg, Germany, 26 to 28 July 2010